Hagerty Insurance Agency started out as a general lines insurance agency around 40 years ago. While insurance was their business, wooden boats and collector cars were their passion. The company saw a need for specialty insurance and in 1983 launched a revolutionary Guaranteed Value policy for classic boat owners. It was such a success that in 1991, Hagerty introduced specialty insurance for collector car owners. Today, they’re the world’s leading provider of collector car and boat insurance.
- Low premiums – Hagerty provides coverage geared specifically to the car collector at rates considerably lower than standard policy premiums.
- Guaranteed Value Coverage — Hagerty offers a “Guaranteed Value” determined between you and the company when you insure your vehicle. If you suffer a covered total loss, you get the full value of your policy.
- Repair shop of choice — When a claim requires repairs, you can take your vehicle to any shop you want—anywhere. Or if you choose, Hagerty will pay you to make the repairs yourself
- In-house claims specialists — Hagerty’s collector car claims specialists are on-staff to help you in the fastest most efficient way possible.
- Hagerty Plus — Policyholders can join Hagerty Plus, a membership program including emergency roadside assistance, free subscription to Hagerty Classic Cars magazine, “Ask Hagerty” Concierge Service, legislative advocacy and participation in the Hagerty Education Program.
- Additional Coverage – Hagerty understands that the investment you’ve made in time, money and maintenance of your vehicle is only part of your commitment to collecting. So Hagerty offers customized coverage options for your spare parts, tools and automobilia.
Hagerty offers insurance for hundreds of thousands of collector vehicles used for limited pleasure driving, car shows and club events. We offer full coverage for a huge variety of classic, stock, and safely modified vehicles, including:
- Antique & Classic Vehicles
- Newer Vehicles: Limited Production, Exotic & Special Interest
- Modified Vehicles: Street Rods, Replicas, Lowriders & Tuners
- Trucks & Other Utility Vehicles
- Motorcycles & Scooters
- Retired Commercial Vehicles: Fire Trucks, Military Vehicles, Tractors & Other Commercial Vehicles
- Motorsports: Pro-street & Any Raced Vehicles
- Vehicles Under Restoration
How Hagerty Collector Car Insurance is Different
Hagerty has a passion for cars and does more to protect, inform and promote the collector lifestyle than anyone else in the specialty insurance industry. Hagerty specializes in low cost coverage and services that can be customized to meet the needs of every collector and collection. Hagerty is committed to exceptional client service – evidenced by a 98 percent claims client satisfaction rating.