- House Republicans Report Progress on Another Health Plan to Replace Obamacare April 26, 2017The conservative House Freedom Caucus that helped derail the GOP’s effort last month to repeal Obamacare has formally endorsed a revised measure, potentiality giving it a new lease on life. “While the revised version still does not fully repeal Obamacare, we …Andrew G. Simpson
- Alabama Community Unveils Memorial For 14 Residents Lost in 2011 Twisters April 26, 2017Overcast skies and a misty rain mirrored the mood of this tiny community as it came together to remember the 14 Lawrence County residents who died in the April 27, 2011, tornadoes. “They will never be forgotten,” an emotional Kristi …Amy O'Connor
- 31 Students Awarded Scholarships from Insurance Council of Texas April 26, 2017The Insurance Council of Texas (ICT) Education Foundation recently awarded a total of $34,500 in academic scholarships to 31 students at five Texas universities. The students attend the University of Houston Main campus, the University of Houston Downtown the University …Stephanie K. Jones
- Kansas Tightens Amusement Park Regulations after Boy’s Waterslide Death April 26, 2017The death of a colleague’s son has spurred the governor in the often anti-regulation Kansas to toughen the state’s inspection requirements for amusement parks. A new law signed by Republican Gov. Sam Brownback strengthens the state’s amusement park regulations, which …Stephanie K. Jones
- Contract for Louisiana Flood Aid Program Administrator to Cost $227M April 26, 2017Louisiana’s contract with disaster recovery firm IEM to administer a homeowner flood aid program is estimated to cost $227 million. The Greater Baton Rouge Business Report says the state has completed its deal with IEM to manage the $1.3 billion …Stephanie K. Jones
Insurance News Net
- Comment on AAP to DOL: Rescind the Rule by Frank Laise, CLU April 26, 2017Great job Kim. I believe there's a typo in the Bernie Madoff section of your letter to the DOL though...The 26 Million cited should be 26 Billion.Frank Laise, CLU
- Comment on AAP to DOL: Rescind the Rule by David Royer April 26, 2017Well don Kim!David Royer
- Comment on Allianz Life Widens FIA Lead Over American Equity by Steve Delott April 26, 2017Fee based annuities are the future. I'm glad you are pro-active and keeping up with this reality.Steve Delott
- Comment on American Equity Committed to Independent Channel, Despite BIC by Phil Smith April 26, 2017They completely abandoned their agents and their long term status of customer and client first. They trashed their Gold Eagle Program and basically abandoned their top producing agents! Now that Mr. Noble is gone it takes 5 minutes for top agents to get customer service. They will be a story people talk about because they dont have the products, the caps, or […]Phil Smith
- Comment on Lipedema Centers Works With Insurers To Gain Coverage For Lipedema Treatment by Ms. Rolling April 26, 2017I have also been told that the consultation is $500. I am covered by emblem Health (HIP). Are there any providers that accept HIP.Ms. Rolling
- Jury award vacated in free speech retaliation case April 26, 2017A federal appeals court has vacated a $556,000 jury award to a city employee in a free speech retaliation case, stating the award was inappropriate because the worker’s action had been made in the ordinary course of her employment.
- CNA not liable under professional liability policy April 26, 2017A CNA unit is not obligated to provide coverage under an accountants professional liability insurance policy because the accountant was not engaged in professional services when he arranged for an unsuccessful investment.
- Violence against health care workers captures regulators’ attention April 26, 2017Workplace violence against health care workers has caught the attention of federal and state safety regulators, particularly in California, which is requiring extensive incident reporting.
- XL Catlin expands mergers and acquisitions insurance April 26, 2017The offerings are for private equity firms and strategic buyers, as well as owners and managers looking to exit a business.
- GE fixing bug in software after warning about power grid hacks April 26, 2017(Reuters) — General Electric Co. said it is fixing a bug in software used to control the flow of electricity in a utility's power systems after researchers found that hackers could shut down parts of an electric grid.