Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Soup
You know it when you smell it and I don’t know about you but we love the smell of a good, home cooked meal. Did you know smells alone can trigger a flood of “feel good” sensations in which we link memories to in our brain, otherwise known as the olfactory bulb?
We’ve been spending time a lot of time in the kitchen and came up with this delicious chicken and dumplings soup recipe that we would like to share. The aroma of this masterpiece will warm your heart this holiday season and leave a lasting memory for many years to come.
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 6 skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 3 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can of Grand’s Jr. Biscuits (8-10 biscuits)
1. Chop up four of the boneless, skinless chicken breasts and make sure to thoroughly wash/rinse cutting board and knife used to avoid cross-contamination.
2. Prep the crock-pot with one diced onion.
3. Rinse and chop up one potato to desired size.
4. Measure two tablespoons of butter.
5. Place ingredients in crock-pot including 3 cans cream of chicken soup and turn the heat on high for about 5-6 hours.
6. Season to taste. We recommend using: onion powder, rosemary leaves, pepper, Red Robin seasoning (highly recommended) garlic powder, chopped garlic, etc. Stir thoroughly and secure the lid.
7. About 30 minutes before serving, roll each torn biscuit piece in flour (to prevent them from sticking together), then carefully drop into the slow cooker. Turn the heat down to low, replace lid and cook for an additional 30-45 minutes.
8. And last but not least …… ENJOY!
We’re always looking to try something new so please share your suggestions and let us know how you liked our soup.